Aunt Jemima Pancakes

     


     Starting this blog with a very basic pancake breakfast hack. Since Aunt Jemima (original, NOT complete) pancake/waffle mix is accidentally vegan, I use that instead of mixing my own flour, sugar, vanilla, etc. It's easy and delicious so keep reading for the full recipe!

*I ate them all myself but could potentially serve 2-3 people.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 Cup      Aunt Jemima original pancake mix

1 Cup            Alternative milk (I've used rice, almond, and almond/coconut blend -- all work well)

1 Tbsp          Ground flax seed

3 Tbsp          Water

Optional:    Toppings
                     Fruit
                     Vegan Margarine
                     Maple Syrup
                     Cinnamon



Steps:

1. Mix 1 Tbsp of ground flax seed with 3 Tbsp of water in a cup or dish (to make a flax egg these ingredients need to sit for around 5-10 minutes to change texture).

2. Mix 1 1/4 Cup of Aunt Jemima original pancake mix and 1 Cup of the alternative milk of your choice - I used rice milk.

3. If you are not using a non-stick pan, use oil or margarine to lightly grease the pan to prevent sticking.

4. Add flax egg to mixture and mix thoroughly. 

5. Make pancakes as usual making sure you cook each side well enough before flipping (around 3 minutes-ish).

6. Serve and top however you would like - I chose maple syrup, cinnamon, blueberries, and raspberries.

     *You can also substitute the flax egg for half of a banana but personally I find banana gives off too strong a flavour and does not make the pancakes fluffy like the ground flax. I also noticed that the flax egg is tasteless once the pancakes are cooked!
     *To make this hclf, leave out any margarine or oil during the cooking/topping process and use a non-stick pan.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)

Comments

Popular Posts